I'm an anti-bullshit professional problem solver.
In the realm of digital products, I build teams, define strategies and cover the end to end of digital products (from inception, design, ownership, development and management).
I've been doing this for over 10 years now.
Since Android Studio was a buggy beta and Bitcoin was the wet dream of a few cryptoanarchists.
I'm taking a gap period to build digital products, launch them and see what happens.
(2020 - ???)
In cycles of 6 to 8 weeks I'm exploring, designing, developing and launching digital products to learn, have fun and see what happens with them.
I have a newsletter in which, every week, I talk about the current status of the product I'm developing, mistakes made and how I overcame them, lessons learn and useful resources I use along the way.
You can subscribe here to receive a weekly chapter:
Until april '20, I've led the Blockchain Team at UST Global.
(2018 - 2020)
Crafting blockchain based products for Fortune 500 companies, along with a team of high talented developers in a highly competitive market. (See more about my work)
I drove Growth at anfix.com, focusing on acquisition and customer onboarding.
(2016 - 2018)
By applying lean product development techniques, I found new growth vectors and optimized visitor-to-lead and lead-to-customer conversion rates. (Full story coming soon...)
I created Blockchain Toolkit, the first Blockchain online academy targeting innovation personnel at big companies
I've taught leaders at companies such as PwC, Iberdrola, Deloitte, BBVA or Santander, among others, the business value of blockchain since 2015 with my now deprecated "Blockchain Toolkit" online course. (Full story coming soon...)
Helped design and launch the app that connected Bitcoin to more than 10k traditional ATMs at Bit2Me
(2014 - 2015)
When everybody was like crazy building, selling or buying ATMs to do that, we built a bridge (with the shape of an app) between Bitcoin and a huge network of traditional ATMs in Spain and Poland. (Full story coming soon...)
I founded a startup during my last year at college, with which we tried to take on Yelp for the Spanish market
(2011 - 2014)
And it went kinda well, growing with more than 400 customers between Madrid, Asturias and Balearic Islands. Until the financial crisis hit our country hard, mixed with the typical mistakes combo a newbie founder can make. (Full story coming soon...)
Other stuff worth mentioning
- I've co-authored the book "Blockchain: La revolución industrial de internet" (8 Editions).
- I've been an advisor and counsel member at Saisho, an art marketplace that helps you buy authentic and high quality artwork providing transparency in their artworks price fixation.
- I've built an app to help people flirt through Tinder that got +113.000 (link to post) downloads. That led to a cease & desist from Tinder 🤷🏽♂️ (Click here to read the full story).
Click here to see a list of endorsements received by people to whom I've reported, people that reported to me and other human beings with which I've done other projects.
Awards & Recognitions
- UST Global Blockchain for ISG Digital Case Studies (to be published)
- UST Global Blockchain practice, highlighted in the Everest PEAK Matrix 2019
- UST Global Blockchain practice, highlighted in the Avasant Radarview 2019
- Best Spanish Startup 2015 (Growth category), from Caixabank and Actualidad Económica.
- 50 Best Digital Ideas Award & New Business Model , from Deloitte and Expansión.
Stack and Tools
I have a freakish inclination to learn. I started coding in my early twenties, using HTML, CSS, jQuery, vanilla JS and some Java to do simple Android native apps.
Nowadays, I build things with:
- The almighty MERN Stack (MongoDB, Express, React, NodeJS)
- Styled Components
- Bootstrap (sometimes, not a huge fan of UI libraries though)
In the blockchain side of things (Ethereum):
- Truffle Suite
And the learning roadmap I'd like to accomplish this year goes through:
- Next.js (following the hype, of course)
- Earn React and Node black belts.
Since my early headaches with the overwhelming complexity of Illustrator for a newbie, around 2009, it rained a lot.
In my design toolbelt you can find:
- Procreate (illustration=
And last, the usual suspects in the scene:
You definitely seem interested!
If you want to get in touch, you can do it through:
Or email me at -> hello (@) robertodiaz.io
See you on the road!